Monday, June 21, 2010

Toronto and the accidental tourist


Toronto welcomed me with welcoming customs agents and rainy skies. (Three out of seven days had rain.) I was in Toronto for a business trip, but the city didn't seem to know that. Instead, it beckoned me to see it's culture, taste it's food and enjoy it's sights. Not wanting to be rude, I of course politely obliged. Lucky for me, I had planned extra days of play time in the city to take in what I could. Here's my recap of the interesting, funny, clever and unusual that I found - shared through notes and pictures.

Memories
  1. The metro is very easy to figure out and use. But weekly passes only start on Monday. Not good when you arrive Wednesday. Also, the bus can be a real adventure when multiple strollers are involved - not mine. 
  2. The CN Tower is a must for the view. The simulated 4D "log ride" in the basement is not.
  3. Lee restaurant is delicious. Go with the Chef's choice, surprise meal option. I still think about it. 
  4. The Royal Ontario Museum (ROM) is old meets new. Clever and nice. If you want something totally different, try the Shoe Museum just down the street. 
  5. I heart Queens West and Kings West neighborhoods. 

A Few Photo Memories


Items not found here at home

captions for photos


  1. If on fire, run and exit this way!
  2. Big white bugs are native to Toronto.
  3. Designated waiting area for emergency assistance, near the trash can at a metro stop. Nice.
  4. Not crossing, but X marks the spot!
  5. Who doesn't want bling from Brenda Silver?
   

No comments: