Wednesday, December 29, 2010

How Will I Communicate in 2011


2011 is just around the corner and my thoughts now move toward my next communication adventures. This new year brings new possibilities and challenges. I'm excited to jump in to new projects, share my knowledge, learn from others, and experiment with new styles. Since I'm a "list man", I've started a list of the key targets in my scope to help me plan my year. What can I say, "A type" personality suites me well. So dig in to my list and then share what your're doing to move communications forward. Excited about the new year as well? Then share your ideas and see where we can make changes together.

Work Projects (Disney)
  • Launching not one, but three additional employee-focused web-series
  • Developing measurement dashboards, capturing all forms of communications
  • Creating a new over-arching brand; a stamp of approval; connecting with emotion
  • Re-defining intranet sites, by reshaping the spaces, content and user adoption
  • Piloting mobile apps and an app store internally - managing marketing and communications.
  • Further development in community spaces - beyond just come and chat. Learn, laugh and share! 

Freelance Projects
  • Developing a marketing/communications strategy for Willow Tree Bakery. Building brand identity and awareness.
  • Who is Christopher Swan? Developing an expanded approach with video.

Speaking Engagements

Getting Involved
  • Social Media Breakfast Los Angeles is launching. I'm excited to share the word and meet other social nerds. Let's ramble and share the love.
  • IABC Los Angeles - The chapter is getting better than ever and I'm excited to get further involved. Speaking, sharing and whatever else moves us.
  • Internal Communications Community (at Disney) - This community is growing and I am leading the efforts to bring us together. Only as a community will we change and be a force for the better.  
 
Experiments & Styles

  • New video styles: Interview, learning, and promotional.
  • Using music and big Hollywood/Intranet-based styles in all new ways for Internal Communications. Entertainment is king!
  • Flash mobs and/or real-time meets. Figuring out how employees of walks-of-life embrace unique events, challenges, contests, information sharing, etc. 

So there it is, the beginning of my 2011 Communication "to do" list. I'm excited and ready to do it all. Who's ready to start a new project, join me in a community or share their ideas and projects?  I'd love to hear from my fellow communicating junkies. Share the love!

No comments: