Friday, June 4, 2010

Communicators invade Canada!


Over 1400 communicators are headed toward the great Maple Leaf this weekend. It’s time for the annual IABC World Conference where communicators gather to share, collaborate, create and enjoy a fun city.

With so many great minds and opportunities, what am I expecting? Here’s my list of top “to dos”.
  • Share and learn in a three hour unconference focusing on emerging technologies, trends and the future of communication. (shameless plug for a session I am co-facilitating)
  • Develop new relationships that will inspire me and allow me to help others.
  • Discover the next big communication thing – social media 2.5?
  • Plant the seeds for greater interaction between IABC chapters.
  • Reconnect with IABC folks met at past conferences.
  • Dive into Toronto culture and enjoy great food and sights. A few things on my cultural list.
    • Try Lee on Kings Street for a delicious meal!
    • Harry Potter fans will enjoy a special exhibition at the Ontario Science Centre. $5.00 audio tour is a must. Great gift shop too.
    • Royal Ontario Museum (ROM) for great architecture and all things cultural.
    • Hop on the metro to compare the difference between other subway systems. It’s also a great way to get to know the city.
    • The CN Tower of course. Views galore.
    • Shopping throughout the different districts.
  • Check out the IABC Reception after-party, O Canada Party. I hear it could be crazy fun.
  • Start the conversations for next year’s conference.
  • Swap my international souvenir at The International Souvenir Swap (TISS) Tweetup 5-6PM on Jun 7.
  • Have a blast in all that I do and all that I connect with!
What’s on your agenda? How will you make the most of your time at the IABC World Conference and in Toronto?



No comments: